Susan Corso — The Official Credentials
Below are my certification highlights:
• Bachelor of Arts in Theatre and Art, Smith College, 1979.
• National Theatre Institute, Eugene O’Neill Memorial Theatre Center, 1978.
• Licensed Teacher, CEP Advanced Program, Unity School of Christianity, 1990.
• M. Div. Candidate, St. Paul School of Theology, 1990.
• Ordained Minister, College of Divine Metaphysics, 1992.
• Doctor of Divinity, College of Divine Metaphysics, 1993.
• Certificate: Center for Teaching Peace, Alternatives to Violence, 1995.
• Certified Reiki Master, 2001.
Or CLICK HERE to read my CV in full. (WARNING: it’s 9 pages long.)
The Rest of My Story: My own Crossroads Experiences
(Disclaimer: This is not one of those what-I-did-last-summer bios, nor is it for the faint-hearted. You’re forewarned! More than half a century of life includes plenty of Ouch and lots of scar tissue.)
- Stellar Intuition & Mender of Broken Hearts Certification Earned through Early Tragedy ~ My first Crossroads came thoroughly unexpectedly at age five. My father was killed in a plane crash. That day my intuition blew open like barn doors in a Kansas tornado. And my heart blew apart. Eventually I found all the pieces. Now I know how to mend broken hearts.
- Advanced Understanding of Addiction & Co-Dependency Earned Ringside & in the Ring ~ After that, my mom became an alcoholic, and married three of them in a row. I got a front row seat for addiction and codependency. I protected my three brothers. Those stepfathers were less than appropriate with me and we’ll leave it at that, except to say that there was healing to do. Crossroads Two.
- Crazy-Aunt-You-Can-Call-When-You-Are-In-Trouble Certification Earned on Broadway ~ I escaped to study at Smith College and graduated in 1979. Then I moved to New York and worked on Broadway, my dream come true. My spiritual path exploded and imploded at the same time. I was 25. Wild things happened. Third Crossroads for sure.
- Surrender Chops Earned in the Greatest Loss of My Life ~ The fourth Crossroads almost wiped me out, and off the planet. My then husband and I had a son who died the day he was born. Full stop. Grief doesn’t even begin to touch the feelings. I turned within because nothing outside me was working. I ended up in Seminary on a path to being a minister. Along the way, I had an encounter with Jesus of Nazareth, and most importantly, with his mother, Mary. You can hear me tell it in person HERE.
- Four-Year Life-Experience Degree Awarded Courtesy of Death [circa 1995-99] ~ The fifth Crossroads brought me up short. In a four-year period, my grandfather died, then my grandmother, then my mother, then my best friend—in my arms. Okay, Grief Expert at this point. I also got to learn the taking-care-of-the-aging protocols that so many of my peers are dealing with today as well.
- Disaster Street Creds Earned in Lower Manhattan ~ I lived half a mile from the World Trade Center when 9/11 happened. I’d say, Worldwide Crossroads. Two years later I crashed and burned, needing to leave the City and heal. Santa Fe called to me.
- Field Experience at Loving, Losing & Trudging through Swamps Earned in Boston, MA ~ I met a woman and married her, and moved to Boston for ten years whereupon the marriage fell apart and into an eventually-peaceful divorce. Along the way, I trudged through swamps of betrayal, rage and sorrow.
- Lessons in Staying Put and Putting Down Roots - In Progress ~ I moved to Kingston, New York to start over yet again. My work is done mostly via phone and Zoom. I’m living on Eastern Time, I’m staying, and my house is in order. And I am once again blest to have deep love in my life; my affianced beloved, Father Tony Amato, lives here with me. Time to continue my always-present writing. Speaking of my writing... I’m the author of all kinds of books: fiction and nonfiction. I’ve been an editor—even for the likes of Harvard Business Review Press, and a copy editor and proofreader. It’s not a good day unless I’m writing something.
I have been a spiritual counselor for 35 years — helping people change their lives. My clients have said that I am a secret agent of change — that I “make change happen.” It can sure look that way, but what I really do is see you, believe in you, and bless you with a catalytic infusion of your own understanding of the Mystery until, lo and behold, your insides match your outsides.
I help you
- Find out where you really want to be;
- Get really clear on where you are in the moment;
- Figure out the obstacles that are keeping you stuck;
- Discover the kind of work we can do together; and
- Create a plan for transforming your impossibility into a threshold of possibilities.
Seems so simple writing all this in a few paragraphs but the Truth is I am a person to whom others have turned since I was 25 for a different perspective, a way to think that makes you feel better, and help in figuring out what you want and how to get it.